Monday, March 5, 2007

Is winter over yet?



It warmed up this weekend in Denver so we took advantage of the spring-like weather. First we went swimming at our local rec center. I, of course, love the water and had fun playing in the geysers even though my teeth were chattering! I am walking very well now and spent a lot of time exploring the backyard on Sunday. I still like to experiment with putting things in my mouth and got several items taken away from me before I could really enjoy them. I liked playing the the little bit of snow that was still around and feeling how cold it felt on my hands. My favorite item was the bark Mommy and Daddy have in the gardens. It was great fun to just toddle around with it in my hands. I also couldn't resist taking a little taste or two! As you can see from the last picture my climbing skills continue to develop. I try to climb on everything and even got up into the big rocking chair at daycare all by myself. They said it is time for me to move from the infant room to the big girl room. Grandpa and Grandma Martin gave me money for Christmas to buy an outside climbing/sliding toy. Mommy and Daddy finally found the perfect one and Daddy is picking it up on the way home from work tonight. I can't wait until he sets it up. It's supposed to be over sixty degrees on Thursday and I plan to spend a good portion of the day climbing, sliding and exploring!

No comments: